Help….the Kauai landfill is full!! When visiting our island, we need you to help reduce waste. Every Parrish Kauai managed property has containers for recycling. In addition, there are recycling locations located on every part of the land. Please be sure use them…every item kept out of the landfill helps!
What can I recycle on Kauai?
- #1 Plastic usually includes water, beer, and soda bottles, and other single use beverage containers (be sure to rinse)
- #2 Plastic usually includes gallon milk jugs, laundry detergent containers, and shampoo bottles (be sure to rinse)
- Aluminum cans (no tin cans and be sure to rinse)
- Glass (be sure to rinse, no tops)
- Brochures, maps, magazines, junk mail, flyers, etc.)
Where can I drop off my recyclables in and around Poipu (South Shore)?
- Poipu Beach Park adjacent – in the Brenneke’s parking lot
- Lawai Post Office
- Eleele – at the Eleele Shopping Center
What are the other locations on island for recycling?
- Hanalei – Hanalei Transfer Station located across from the Princeville Health Club & Spa and the Prince Golf Course
On the East Side:
- Kapaa – at the end of Kahau Road which is on the way to the bypass road
- Lihue – in the back of the K-Mart parking lot near the pavilion side of the store
On the West Side:
- Waimea – at the Waimea Canyon Park
- Kekaha – at the Kekaha Landfill
The official Kauai County Recycling Office web site offers great information about other waste diversion opportunities on Kauai. Diverting waste is more than recycling. In order to make a true impact in preserving our landfill, everyone must take responsibility for the waste we produce on a daily basis, and make the conscious choice to limit our waste by implementing the 4 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rot (compost).