Our Kauai vacation rentals now feature a reusable tote in support of the statewide ban on plastic bags. Take this handy carryall to your favorite Kauai activities. Load it with supplies for a Kauai beach day, fill with groceries using our helpful Kauai shopping guide and top off with produce at daily Kauai Farmers Markets. The roomy bag has reinforced handles and a removable plastic bottom insert for easy cleaning.
“Being conscious of the environment and minimizing our footprint is even more important in an island paradise. Reusable bags minimize trash and litter in addition to using less oil and plastic, all helping to make a better quality of life.” JP Parrish
We are committed to environmental protection and sustainability guided by our very own Green Program. As a company-wide initiative, our support extends not only to how we operate our business but also to how we live our lives.
As a long standing member of Hawaii Ecotourism Association, we continue to enhance our sustainable business practices by making changes for the better and improving services.
Green Vacation Rental Initiatives from Parrish Kauai:
- Use refillable containers of our luxury bath amenities.
- Recycle paper, newspaper, cardboard and glass, cans and plastic in all offices.
- Use a water delivery service versus small plastic water bottles in all offices.
- Buy locally as much as possible versus shipping items from the mainland.
- Maintain paper, glass and can recycling in all of our Kauai vacation homes.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products when and wherever possible.
- Use recycled paper products for office stationery, business forms, etc.
- Convert as many lights as possible to Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs.
- Supply free reusable/recyclable Parrish Kauai shopping/tote bags.
By continually looking for ways to expand this list, we hope to build a healthy balance between our business goals, environmental responsibilities, resource efficiencies and the well being of our island home. This responsibility to the earth is even more magnified living on a small island with tropical green mountains, spectacular beaches, blue Pacific waters and clean crisp air. It is simply the right thing to do.