Makahuena Unit 103
Located on the southernmost point of Kauai, this unique oceanfront property is situated on the edge of a bluff providing spectacular views of the blue Pacific and the entire Poipu coastline from each unit. Incredible ocean views are the dominant feature of this resort which offers its guests a spacious swimming pool and sun deck, spa, tennis courts, and more. Situated on a bluff above the rocky shoreline on the Poipu coast there are great beaches, the Grand Hyatt Resort & Spa and the Poipu Bay Golf Course, all just a few blocks east or west
Our units are described, photographed and rated so you can pick the perfect island home for you and your family.
|Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Guests||Interior Rating||Amenities||View||Cleaning Fee||Deposit||Daily Rate|
- Oceanfront, one-level floor plan, approximately 1,400 square feet
- Premier interior, Building 5 – Elima
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
Master Suite – queen bed, ocean view, access to lanai, full bath with shower
Second Bedroom – king bed, full bath tub with shower
- TV/DVD/CD stereo and sleeper sofa in living room
- Ground floor unit, partially covered lanai, close to pool
- Washer/dryer, wireless internet, in-room safe
- TAT# W40964272-01
Located between Shipwreck Beach, for experienced swimmers and beach combers near the Grand Hyatt Resort & Spa on the east and Poipu Beach, ideal for children and snorkeling on the west. You can reach either beach with a short 5-10 minute walk along the beautiful coastline or a few minutes drive.
- Parrish Kauai properties are individually owned and reflect the taste of their owners. All properties are evaluated based on quality, condition, appearance and amenities, then categorized as follows:
- Premier Plus: The best of the best, these upscale properties are all new construction and/or have been totally remodeled within the last few years featuring designer touches and modern amenities.
- Premier: These properties have been partially remodeled (typically 75% or more within the last five years) and feature almost all new furnishings.
- Deluxe: Well-maintained properties that have been updated (typically within the past ten years).
- Island Casual: Although not recently updated, these unique properties provide value and comfort for your family, yet still meet Parrish Kauai’s minimum quality standards.
- All properties are professionally cleaned, well maintained and inspected by management prior to guest arrival.
- Typical Seasons are as follows (however they may vary by property):
- High Season: January 7 – March 31; June 1 – August 18
Low Season: April 1 – May 31; August 19 – December 18
Holiday Season: December 19 – January 3
- There is a 5 night minimum stay. All rates are subject to change at any time. Please review the Rental Policies before making your reservation.
Excellent space, solid service
If you're reading this review you're wondering whether what you saw on your computer screen is really the case.
My family stayed in this space from March 16-26 2014. Short version: believe the pictures and book this space, you won't regret it.
Here are some of the high points:
The communication with Parrish was promt, efficient and helpful, both before and after arrival.
As an example, my laptop was unable to see the WiFi in the space although my cell could. I asked Parrish if it was possible to get an internet cable and the same afternoon they provided one, at their cost.
The space was either freshly painted, or very recently painted when we arrived. The space was spotless. All beds had a full set of linens and ther were plenty of extra pillows and blankets.
The space had lots of small items that made our life easier as well: a bit of laundry detergent, soap pellets for the dishwasher, other cleaning supplies, beach towels, a couple of straw beach pads, etc.
The kitchen is very well equipped. We cooked three meals almost every day and never lacked for a kitchen implement.
The pictures you see on the internet are exactly like the reality (well, the dining table was turned in a different direction - I don't count that). You may have seen reviews saying the space was a bit tired or poorly maintained. Not in our experience. Everything worked and was in proper order.
The view is really like that. It is about 15-20 feet, maximum, between the balcony and the cliff to the Pacific. The view is magnificent and we are very glad we decided on an ocean front view.
The entrance to the space is about a 30-second walk from a nice little pool that has been kept in ideal condition. Next to the pool is a jacuzzi that everyone of us loved.
The walk to Poipu Beach is about 10 minutes with kids and 5 minutes for just adults. You can go via a semi-maintained path along the shore or by road via subdivision.
The grounds are maintained like a first-class golf course; grass is meticulously cut, leaves are swept. The yard work seemed to take place mostly in the morning.
We saw no need for air conditioning in this space in March. The fans do a great job moving the air around and if you open the kitchen window and the balcony window on most days you get a brilliant breeze through the apartment. That said, in the height of the summer on a day with no wind, I could see how the apartment might get a little stuffy on the evenings - but this is a guess and not personal experience. We were there in the first half of March and the air in the space always was ideal.
Parking always was available.
I'll close with a few negatives so that someone considering this space can hopefully see this review really is critical. Here are the worst things that happened to us regarding this space:
- Lights on the tennis court didn't seem to work
- Some of the kitchen cabinets were a little difficult to open because there are no handles
- The room with the twin beds is a little stuffier than the rest of the apartment
- One of the table lamps in the living room was a little finicky about turning on
- I could have used a writing table or something similar to park the laptop and the camera equipment; using the coffee table was a little inconvenient
- The dining table is glass and especially with kids it would be easier to keep clean if the surface was wood or something else.
That is the worst that we experienced in this space. Everything else was absolutely first class. Our overall experience was overwhelmingly positive.
If I were to return to Kauai I would not look elsewhere, I would just book this condo again with Parrish.